7.27.2005

Drinkin on the Job

Two bottles of vodka under my desk, Two bottles of vodka, pull one up, pass it around, one bottle of vodka under my desk.......................An interesting thing happened to me at work today. I could had been fired! I have (had) a co-worker who is leaving this fine state to move back to her home town of Lubbock, Texas. She is an awesome gal with a thick Texan accent and I'm fixen she will be shurley missed. She was cleaning out her fridge at home and brought alot of her food to work, you know like eggs, fruit, huge chunk of velvetta cheese, salsa, because she didn't want to toss it out. She didn't want to pack her booze either so she also brought that for me. Ooh I am so lucky. So, at 8am we were laughing about it with my supervisor this morning- You know having a big NO, NO opened and half empty at work and she asked my supervisor to put the two half empty bottles of Grey Goose in her office but NOoooo my supervisor put them under MY desk. My office is very open and my desk is curved so it is very exposed. Well, who would have thought that the Corporate BigWigs would be on the property today. Uhumm. No big whoop! they never come to the leasing office......UNTIL today!! So here I am with 2 (not just one) but 2 half empty vodka bottles sitting plain as day under my desk. The Corporate BigWigs began to look all over the office to get ideas on remodeling. I didn't want to be real obvious about ducking under my desk to throw the trash basket over my little stash. How many scenerios could have raced through my head? But no, I was just frozen with this silly smirky grin on. (Called a fake smile) As they casually walked through the office pointing at the ceiling and windows. I only wished them to be gone and soon they left. I stood up and walked to the back office and was giggling with my co-workers. Later on, as I was getting ready to leave for the day, I gave a bottle to one of my co-workers. The "new" girl squeeled in disbelief. She didn't think I was serious about having 2 Vodka bottles under my desk. She is now probably wondering who her new Co-Workers really are?? (sippy, sippy) Who has vodka at work? Sara does. Two bottles of vodka under my desk, Two bottles of vodka, pull one up, pass it around, one bottle of vodka under my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com