7.20.2005

Pico de Gallo recipe

I have a garden down near a small airport- The garden is right at the end of the landing strip-The small airplanes buzz overhead as I planted my seeds. They buzz over my head as I pull weeds and water my crops. They buzz over my head as I marvel at all my fresh organic vegetables. I mostly planted the ingredients to make PICO de GALLO- my favorite salsa- My garden has flowers, green beans, radishes,broccoli, cilantro, cucumber, tomatoes,tomatillos, habenero peppers, hot Anaheim peppers, other hot pepper (can't remember the name) and my experimental plant this year is CELERY. oh how could I forget I have bell peppers too ( cause they are producing a lot of peppers) My sister started two of the tomato plants by seed and they are very good lookin- Good Job, Gigi- My mom is impressed by my gardening skills and suggested that I find a FARMER to marry- Hummm that might be a good idea..... I love John Deere tractors and I am saving up my money to purchase one (not really)

**Dice up 2 large tomatoes
**Peel skin off 1/2 cucumber and dice up
**Dice up 1/4 of a white onion
**Cut up approximately 8-10 sprigs of Cilantro
**sprinkle coarse salt over all ingredients
**add a couple dashes of lime juice
The mixture should look like you have even amounts of all ingredients
If you choose to have more of something you can add it
I on ocassion will add a hot pepper and because I rarely to this I would suggest adding it small amounts at a time( you don't want to ruin a good batch of salsa)
I usually make enough for myself but you are welcome to experiment with this
Now just get a real good bag of tortilla chips and a frosty beer or make yourself a Magarita
I will grill myself a pork loin chop and have this on the side as a relish- MMmmmmm Nothing beats a fresh bowl of pico de gallo and a cold drink- Cheers to organic vegtables.
I have tried to upload the photos to go with this and they are not cooperating- I will attach later as I have to get going-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com