9.30.2005

Re-occurring Dreams

I recently got a postcard in the mail from a friend. Most people would be appalled by the image. Not me. I think the photo is excellent. It is Real, Raw, and captures superb lighting, very moody. However, because of the Realness, I was afraid to touch it, in fear of catching Hepatitis or some nasty disease. This image reminds me of some re-occurring dreams I used to have during my 20's. Has anyone else had strange re-occurring dreams? It always started out where I had to use a public restroom. These restrooms were always poorly lit, dirty, empty, and very creepy. Not the standard harmless missing stall doors either. Real Bizarre. I always wondered why they were so twisted. What is the phobia called when you're afraid of using public restrooms??

For instance I remember one dream going up a dark stairwell in what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse. The restroom must have been on the 10th floor and no elevator. The first two floors had textile sweatshops. A lot of Chinese women sewing small sequins on fabric by hand. And they just stared at me as I walked by. I tried to ask a Chinese woman where the restroom was, but she just looked at me as if she had never seen another human before. I guess she didn't understand english. So I kept going up the stairs. I got to the restroom and opened the door. It was a large closet with a toilet in the middle. There was no sink, no mirror, no window. The ceiling was very high and I had to pull a chain to turn on the very dimly lit bulb. So dim that you could barely see the floor or to see what your feet might step on. I didn't want to shut the door, I needed more light from the main hallway.

Most often my public restroom dreams entailed the toilet as a bar stool or some sort of chair with No bottom, No tank, No hole if you get what I am saying? You just sat on that. In the middle of a large, dirty, poorly lit room. Hoping no one will come in and interrupt me.

Another memorable public restroom dream was in a very large and again poorly lit room with approximately 15 stalls. Truly reminds me of this postcard image. The weird thing was that all the toilet seats where hovering over the floor on a wire thing. The wire ran through the side wall of all the stalls and the toilet seats attached onto it (somehow) You had to really balance yourself on the toilet seat(and again just the toilet seat, no tank) Imagine pulling down your undies and then climbing up onto a toilet seat that was on a wire, and when someone else in another stall got off her toilet seat, it sent the wire in motion and would move your toilet seat up and down. Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com