10.27.2005

Maiden Voyage

I got my new Baby- She is soft, white, fluffy, bouncy, clean, and ooohhh soo good! Get your heads out of the gutter- I got my new BED! It was delivered while I was at work- So when it was miller time I raced home to see her- I walked into my bedroom and there she was- Like a vision of the Virgin Mary (sound of angelic singing) After my quick inspection- I quickly dressed her- The week before her arrival, I had been shopping for new sheets in anticipation of her arrival- But I couldn't find the right color- I am Feng Shui(ing) my room and RED would be my color- Like you try to find the perfect shade of red- Anyways, after she was neatly dressed in old sheets, I couldn't keep my eyes off her- The mounds of sleeping pillows, throw pillows, comforters, decorative throws- She was too inviting- I decided I had to slip under her covers (I am not trying to make this sound sexual) Before my head could hit the pillows I was sound asleep- Off in LaLaland (a very good place) But within a few minutes some noise had disrupted my maiden voyage- It appears that after I re-arranged my bedroom, I had created a ECHO chamber and my corduroy wearing roommate decided to do marching drills outside my bedroom- It wasn't her fault that there is a squeaky board on the other side of the wall approximately where my head is-SWISH-SWISH-THUMP-THUMP-SQUEAK-SQUEAK- She took a time out from her marching drills to put away the clean dishes in the kitchen- With the CLANG-CLANG of the dishes and the SLAM-SLAM of the cupboard doors- I still managed to stay somewhere near LaLaland- However when she resumed her marching drills in her corduroy pants the swish- swish, thump-thump, squeak-squeak brought me closer to this crappy reality- but what really put me over the edge was when she finally broke from her marching drills she began to what appeared to be opened every potato chip bag in the house- CRINKLE-small horrible squeally crinkle-CRINKLE-CRINKLE-small horrible squeally crinkle- CRINKLE- CRINKLE- In my sleepy RAGE (anyone who has woken me from any sleep- knows the "sleepy RAGE") I yelled out "will you BE QUIET!!" I heard a faint "What?" so I yelled a lot louder "BE QUIET!!!" There was silence- But with my loud sleepy rage outburst, I was now Wide Awake- I looked at the clock, it was only 6:30pm and I knew I had to get out of my new bestfriend (bed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com