11.29.2005

The Count Down is Almost Over

December 1, 2005
Now it is safe to talk in detail about the stress I have unwilling inflicted upon myself- Any of you currently working in a Toxic environment? This is not chemically toxic but emotionally and mentally toxic- I finally said Enough is Enough- I began looking for another job about 2 months ago- It has panned out and I accepted a job with another company (I will tell you about that job later) I gave my 2 week notice and life began to appear brighter- Then my co-worker gave notice- Sweet Justice- Then my other co-worker gave notice- Sweet Revenge- My last day would have been tomorrow but she told me to hand in my keys today after lunch- I didn't argue with that- I was out of there faster than a meteor crashing to Earth- I am FREE- I was pretty upset that some people were sneaky and lying up til the end- I WANT MY BOWL!! I had left a dish/bowl at work and it mysteriously disappeared- I am pretty positive I know who took it because she took it once before and I found it in her office- I am NOT stupid- I might act all naive but it is all an act! About 2 months ago office politics exploded in my usually "high functioning" office- I will say it was all the New girls doing- She had an agenda and I didn't realize it- I talked openly about my frustrations and she then turned around and told other people- My Boss, My best Co-worker, and anyone else who would listen- Here is the clincher- She rearranged everything I said- So It looked as if I was "Bashing" work and the people I work with- I have never been involved in work related "Office Drama" (aka...Unadulterated Bull Shit)- I tried to clear my reputation but no one believed me- So compare my 3 years of loyal, exemplary work record VERSES her 4 months of just smiling- We all signed a sheet of paper stating we would not talk about this with other workers and if we did we would be terminated- Which I tried very hard not to do- But I had to clear my NAME- This created so much PARANOIA for me- Who do you TRUST?- So for 2+ weeks my best co-workers thought I had said horrible things about them- My boss hated me- She loved me before all this-Afterwards she was really NASTY to me and I am sure if she could she would have spit on me- Who needs that Bull Shit- Two months later, my best Co-worker and I had a long POW WOW and the truth was finally said out loud- Even if it was just among us two- Because we weren't allowed to discuss anything with each other we laughed as we shared the fact we both had found other jobs and would be quitting around the same time- Life is tooo short and I can go do this kind of work for people that are FUNCTIONAL- So I got another job- I will be working for a liquor distributor- All my family and friends laugh at that- I am not sure why- It must be a good fit- I just saw and job posting for Administrative Assistant- I didn't go looking for a certain company- I am very happy this transition is taking place right now- I feel real positive and my usual tunnel vision appears to be wide angle now- Wish me GOOD LUCK, because my former boss didn't say a god damn thing to me- Good riddance!

1 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liquor distributor?..hot damn!...send me some PBR coupons. Sounds like a good job for a tea tolder like yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com