11.29.2005

Found Glove

Remember seeing one lost glove out laying on the side of a road- Half of a pair- Lost- Tossed out on the side of roads, randomly dropped in parking lots, dropped carelessly outside near mall entrances- Are you the kind of person who notices these poor halves of pairs- I am- They lost their reasons to function- They lost their soulmates- Their partners in crime- Their other halves for Crissake-Most of us have two hands, we need two gloves- And we need them to match-Last night I accidentally dropped one of my FAVORITE winter gloves in the Walgreens parking lot- Except I didn't know I had lost it until like 5 hours later when I was walking out of the Cub grocery store- I opened my car door and saw one fuzzy little black glove sitting on the side of the drivers chair on the floor- Looking like it was ready to jump once someone opened the car door- I knew instantly that the other half had been dropped randomly somewhere out in the universe- I went into panic mode- I decided I would do whatever Saratee possible to track down my other black fuzzy glove- I remembered I had taken them off while driving in the car and placed them on my lap (that was stupid) Then I remembered I had stopped by Walgreens to get a prescription and browse their Holiday candy (I had cut out coupons from the newspaper) The Walgreens parking lot is where I will start- Luckily for me, it also ended there too. In the dead of night, I pulled up and not a car insight I scanned the ground- I saw a small flattened black thing- My Glove!! The water-logged mass which started out at approx 2 oz had soaked up enough water it was now approx 4 lbs- It had been run over by a car (I saw tread marks) but overall it was in good condition- It would only need a good washing- I found my FAVORITE winter glove- Hallalluia- I tossed it into my car- But by morning with the 22 degree weather my fuzzy black glove was frozen stiff and glued to the bottom of my floormat- I love my black fuzzy winter gloves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com