11.26.2005

Karen's Phone Number

My roommate put a book of matches in the bathroom (Some people use air freshener and some people use matches- I am not here to judge) The reason why I am writing about this- Is because inside the matchbook has 2 phone numbers- This makes me smile- I know this is a common late night drunken practice-
"Can I get your number?"
"Do you have a pen?"
"Yea, let me get something to write it down on"
"Here is a matchbook"
"Oh perfect"
"Are you ready? When do you think you'll call me?"

This makes me laugh thinking about the time Karen gave up her phone number at The James Pub and Grill in Boulder, Colorado- The other phone number just has a MN infront of it- What does that mean- Is it abbreviations for Maybe Not or Someone's initals? The area code doesn't correspond with Minnesota area codes- My roommate hasn't lived in Colorado for many, many, many years but the matchbook has never been used until recently- Do you think Karen or Maybe Not are still at that number? Let's try

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com