11.30.2005

Pre Employment Drug Screening

Today I had to Pee in the old Cup- I have taken pre-employment drug screening tests before but today was very militant- After waiting for an hour and half my name was finally called-I followed a short young man into a small room-I was asked to lock my purse and objects from my pockets into a small cabinet then place the key around my neck- I then followed this young man towards a bathroom- He told me to wash my hands at the sink outside the room- For some unknown reason, I was thinking he was going to test on how well I clean my hands- So I scrubbed them very well-He was waiting patiently for me in the bathroom- I thought "is he going to be in here while I pee in my cup? Well Ok- that doesn't freak me out- I am sure he has seen it all"-(made me think who wants his job?) But he just went through the militant procedure of showing me the cup, it had not been tampered with- It was still sealed until he opened it infront of me- He gave me the cup and said "you can fill it half full and don't flush the toilet"- I thought "good because I drank a lot of water and orange juice before I came and I probably could fill two of these" The toilet had a blue dye inside it and a couple small drops on the toilet seat- I asked what that was but he was walking away and I couldn't hear what he said but later I was told by a friend it was just a certain type of blue dye to prevent people from diluting their pee- I took some toilet paper and wiped the spilled blue dye from the seat and began the comical peeing in a cup- One problem arose while after I had filled up my cup, I had no where to place my cup, and being a girl and all, we need to use toilet paper and only having one free hand, I spilled a little of my pee on my hand while I was tearing the toilet paper off- Only if they had camera's in that room- And with one hand it was very difficult pulling up my pants and buckling my belt- TRAUMA! but very funny- So I didn't flush like he asked and I opened the door with pee on my hand (GERMS) He asked me to place the cup on the back of the toilet and then he proceed to show me how he was pouring my pee into another small container and sealing that- Then he said I could wash my hands- I scrubbed them!- I followed him back to the small room and he taped the small pee container and had me date & initial it- Then it was carefully placed inside a plastic bag- The whole procedure was so precise and militant, it made me think of the (one bad egg) person who failed a drug test then had accused some company of improper procedures- There has been times in my life when I would not have passed a drug test- But that wasn't today- So all the careful preciseness didn't freak me out- Oh wait I had a Poppyseed bagel on friday- How much is a trace when you're talking about drug screening tests?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com