11.05.2005

Redneck Royalty

Tonight I was treated like Redneck Royalty- My redneck sister Jennifer knows someone, who knows someone and she got free tickets to the Bill Engvall stand up show- Whoooeeeee- We even got free Meet & Greet passes- Damn who does she know?? I guess anytime any of the Blue Collar Boyz or ALL of them come into town she dials her friend and Whala- Free Tickets and Meet & Greet Passes-

We were late to arrive to the Meet & Greet and actually had to wait a bit for security to figure out how to get us down into the bowels of the Orpheum Theatre- So by the time we got there everyone was coming up the stairs and would say "You better hurry up, He is getting ready to leave" Crap, I can't walk that fast I am a cripple- My sisters were shoving me down the steps to hurry me along- When we walked into the strange creepy basement room- There was approximately 5 people still standing around with ear to ear grins-It was strange like no one was talking- It was like Bill had a spotlight on him- Bill saw us come into the room and with a big smile on his face said "You're Late! You almost missed me" (or something like that I actually can't remember, I have short term memory problems) The whole room laughed and my sister Jennifer with her ear to ear grin immediately handed him her meet & greet pass where pen ready he signed his autograph- Then her friend Abby, then my other sister Anne and then me- See I don't believe in autographs- I think they are weird- But the deer in the head light person I had become, with ear to ear grin shoved my meet & greet pass up to him where he kindly gave me his autograph- My sister Jennifer was making small talk with him as I turned around to dig for my camera, I heard Bill say in his nice Texan drawl "Do you have a camera? Oh sure she does" I turned around and my two sisters Jennifer & Anne and my sisters' friend Abby and Bill were already posing for the camera- A nice lady next to me asked "Do you want me to take the picture for you?" I said "Yes, Thank you" I ran over to be in the Redneck Kodak moment (Friends & Family Please remind me to get new batteries for my camera) I wasn't thinking correctly and should have gotten one with just Bill & myself-Then that was it, we filed out of the meet & greet- I had barely met him- Lets go back and order him a drink and really meet him (I guess we felt rushed-we thought we'd better leave, let him get ready- Honestly, it was weird peolpe just straring at Bill but kool) As we made our way to our seats which were great (and did I mention FREE) Abby & Jennifer joked that they should have whipped out there bra and had him sign that- My sisiter starting laughing and said maybe he would have signed her Butt (or something like that she was laughing and pointing to her butt) I am sure glad I had my camera readying if any shirt came off or pants were pulled down- We got to our seats and I was looking around at all the people and thought- These Minnesotan rednecks don't looks so freaky- They are the same people that I would see at a hockey game- It wasn't until the last five minutes before the show when all the freaky rednecks took there seats- Whoooeeeeee- Some Nascar /snowmobile winter jacket wearing Frozenecks (my name for a Minnesota Redneck) See I like to surround myself with pretty people- Not tonight- The show was a good time of knee slapping, craning head back honking laughing, bumping my head on the seat infront of me Funny- Good Night, Good Night indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com