12.17.2005

My First Husband eer Stalkee

A couple weekends ago in a chance meeting I saw my first husband- He was going to be on TV- He was going to be on Kent Hrbek's Outdoor show- It has been awhile since we saw each other and I really wanted to see him- I stayed up late to watch the TV show- I must say in the past 18 years he has aged very well!!! He doesn't look a day over 35- Your probably wondering who my first husband was- Since I really have never been "legally" married before- My first husband was Allstar NHL Hockey Star and Gold Medal winning Olympian #9 NEIL BROTEN- I can't tell you when we first fell in love- It has all turned a little fuzzy- I do remember our first date- He asked me to meet him after one of his games when he played for the Minnesota North Stars- We pretended we didn't know each other but anyone in the room could tell we were in love- He was signing autographs and I dragged my younger sister with me (Jenny, sorry about forcing you to be a third wheel) So 18 years later I watched Neil "Brots" and Kent go ice fishing on Red Lake up in Norde Minnesota- Oh Yeah- I am a sucker for a guy wearing big winter boots, a red plaid shirt and talking in nice thick Minnesooooota accents (Neil "Brots" grew up in Roseau, which is right on the border- And you know I love Canadian accents) So while Neil "Brots" and Kent were trying to become the Crappie Kings of Red Lake- I noticed them using the word Jeekers way too much and it creeped me out- What Hot Hunky Hockey player uses the word Jeekers? "Jeekers, I got something in my hole"- "Excuse me Brots, that might be to much personal information which you might want to keep to yourself"- I found out Neil "Brots" is currently living in River Falls, Wisconsin- Not too far from me but I think the Restraining Order is still in effect- I won't bother him and his family-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com