12.05.2005

Simpler Life

My sister-in-law is compiling some information regarding women and their roles with family & careers- I got finished with one survey question and I must have unlocked some subconscious nerve from within- I felt so much better about who I am and my choices- I must have had some insecurities regarding the choices I have made during my life- If you don't know me -I think the answers pretty much sum up a part of me- I have chosen to live a different lifestyle then most women chose- I have always wanted a lot of freedom in my life- I don't want kids or a career- Even if the No Career means little financial security- I know money isn't everything and all what money brings- Materialistic Lifestyles- I have always felt I am a couple of generations behind- The "simple" way of living during the 50's & 60's & 70's has always appealed to me- (I call it simple because it was simpler than the present- But I know people struggle with in any lifetime) There were No cell phones (I don't have a real one - only prepaid emergency one)- No Microwaves (I don't have one)- No Digital- Satellite-Cable TV (I don't have any of these) Life was so much slower- People took more time to enjoy and appreciate Life- Yes, I like my computer and digital camera and printer/scanner- I like my power everything car- I like all those- Sure- but I would be just fine without them (well maybe not my printer/scanner)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com