12.20.2005

Special Olympic Torch Bearer

I will admit this story is a bit embarrassing- The fire department said they get calls like that all through the month of December, sometimes even beginning in late summer- I had never heard of it and I don't think any of my family or friends would believe me if I had the guts to tell them- What had happened was, the night I went late night Christmas shopping with my best gal pal- We first had dinner at a great local Mexican restaurant- We both hadn't eaten there since we were in high school (most of the chains had closed, except one Not in our neighborhood) so we both had a lot to eat and drink and the food was superb! While after 2 margaritas I am not drunk but feeling pretty damn good- When the waitress brought back my credit card after swiping it through the card reader- I noticed it was slightly smoking- I didn't think anything of it- The restaurant was dimly lit and my eyeglasses were probably dusty- My friend and I were more concerned with our bulging stomachs- I hadn't ate so much at one sitting in a very long time- I put my credit card in my wallet and then in my purse- We put on our winter gear (it was 9 degrees outside) but with the euphoria from our meal- I don't think we really felt the severity of the temperature- We were walking to the car and my friend said "I know I am not drunk but your purse has a smoke trail" I jokingly said "We just ate a spicy meal, I am smokin from the hot sauce" What happened next could have been a skit from the Mad TV show- My purse bursted into flames- It felt like it was happening in slow motion- In the middle of the parking lot I am whirling my purse around and around to make the flames go out- But it just made the flames burn hotter- You would have thought I was a torch bearer for the Olympics as I was running through the parking lot flailing my arms while whirling my purse around and around.

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2005 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you weren't smoking something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com