12.06.2005

Started New Job

I started my new job today- While growing up I always told myself I couldn't have the cubicle kind of job where you only "Push Paper" But guess what- That is my new job- I won't be writing about work in the future (Did you know you could be FIRED if you blog about your work?) But I have to share some interesting items with you folks- So have any of YOU ever worked where you can have bottles of wine and liquor in your office, or cubicle? These bottles are full and never opened but they are definitely on display- I never noticed it before during the interview process but almost every desk in the building has some sort of Booze bottle right there in plain sight- One of my co-workers from my department has 3 bottles of wine on his desk- One ENORMOUS BOTTLE OF WINE and two normal sized bottles- My supervisor has bottles of wine & liquor all over his office, and my co-worker who was training me in today had these little tiny bottles of gin on her window sill (she has a window view- I don't) Let's not forget the numerous posters of vineyards and booze manufactures- And has any of your supervisors asked you on your first day "Do you drink? Do you like alcohol?" I thought it was a trick question and I paused for a second and said very quietly "Yes" - She then said "Do you know a lot about liquor & wine?" I said " No" and she said "Good, you'll learn a lot about it here" I said "Good, I am excited to work here" It was very surreal- Plus my supervisor took me on a tour of the warehouse- I have never seen so much BOOZE- Imagine a football field with palates full of about 25 boxes (containing about 8 bottles) and then palates stacked on top of each other- About 3 to 5 high- I am not exaggerating either- The warehouse is 1/2 mile long- They had a special area for the high priced inventory- You know like the $100 bottles- It was very KOOL!

2 Comments:

At December 07, 2005 4:01 PM, Blogger -John Lustig said...

Yes, you can be fired for blogging about work. Be very careful what you say and about whom you say it.

 
At December 12, 2005 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to heaven SaraTee. God will be keeping tabs on your liver. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com