12.27.2005

Tossing Christmas Presents Out the Car Window

My blog was mentioned more than once during my families' get together at Christmas- Apparently the word is spreading- I now have more than 3 faithful readers- So creating a fictional story regarding Christmas might not go over so well (did you know some of my family members are GULLIBLE? cheers Matt)

I do have a Christmas story to share- I remember having a conversation with an old co-worker this last summer- It started out when we were talking about taking vacations- She loves Christmas so much that she takes her vacation the week before Christmas- She loves to shop and decorate and wrap and sing and decorate and shop and blah, blah, blah, blah- She LOVES that particular holiday and I as you might not know, I am NOT the biggest fan- I was telling her how my family has a tradition of making HOMEMADE gifts- And then she told me a very funny story- She has an aunt who likes to make homemade gifts too- No, they don't have the same tradition as my family- Her aunt is very CRAFTY- One Christmas she received some HOMEMADE gifts that were tackier than anything you would find at a dollar store- For example: a piece of wood that was cut out and looked like an award plaque- It was painted white and then some hideous flowers were painted on it- Or 6 soup cans painted in the colors of the rainbow and then nailed to a piece of wood- ( I am guessing flower vases, pen holder??) The funny part was when my old co-worker was on her way home from her aunt's house- She asked her parents to stop the car and she rolled down her window and flung the crappy CRAFTY homemade gifts out the car window like frisbees- Perfectly lovely HOMEMADE Christmas gifts sitting in an soybean field in the middle of Texas- The next year her parents joined in with her and they all flung their Christmas gifts out the car windows

4 Comments:

At December 28, 2005 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice to celebrate a holiday the way we want, rather than the way someone else expects us to?

 
At December 28, 2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Ms SaraTee said...

Well if that was the case then I would be sitting on a sandy beach drinking Pina Coladas somewhere in the Caribbean

 
At January 02, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger -John Lustig said...

then that's what you should do.

 
At January 10, 2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I agree with gitsul. Don't live someone else's life ... live your own. Do what Saratee wants to do. But from reading your blog maybe you haven't gotten to that point in your life ... yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com