1.09.2006

A Slice of Heaven

I had to do inventory at work- I was dreading getting up at 5:45 am in order to clock in at 7:00 am- But it wasn't all that bad- Think about it- I spent 8 plus hours counting cases and bottles of BOOZE (and I had never tasted majority of it- I am a simple beer or whiskey girl) It was a tad bit surreal- I really wanted to bring my camera- The best part was hanging out with the Warehouse Guys- They teamed us up with one of the guys- My partner had a very cool nickname (which I won't repeat for confidentiality) I asked him where he got it and he said he or a friend was in a rock band and something about Cheap Trick and it stuck- Oh, I so didn't follow it- I got to ride infront of a forklift in a make shift cage thing (bumpy ride) My partner had the sweetest vintage Hamm's beer jacket- I thought if he ever took it off I might have to keep it- The day was an ultimately a free course in observing society- During some down time I noticed the scruffy warehouse guys huddled near their forklifts- They peered at us through the piles of pallets - And us, the office workers huddled together near the main desk- We were chillin thinking that this was better than sitting at a desk upstairs- And who could forget about the the Sales employees- They were all dressed in their Sunday best gabbing (loudly) up a storm (didn't anyone tell them not to wear good clothes because they'd get dirty? Oh, that was their yucky clothes-My mistake- Sales people are very annoying) Blah, Blah, Blah- Who tucks in their tee shirts into belted jeans and wears white sweaters to go into a dirty warehouse? Oh yeah, ding dong Yuppie Preppies- Anyways- I am a girl who is most comfortable with dirt under my nails- And I was very comfortable working in the warehouse- Infact I loved it- Nope, I didn't liberate any bottles of Jack Daniels either

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com