3.08.2006

Are You Getting Paid What You're Worth

I had my review today at work- Strange thing- I have only been there 3 months- But they don't discriminate- The company has all employees reviewed at the same time rather than your hired anniversary date- My supervisor said I was doing a great job and felt like he was the lucky one- I fit into the department very well- He actually didn't really interview me when I originally went for the job- It was one of the easiest interviews- He never really asked those typical interview questions- (What are you strengths, weaknesses, How would you handle this situation) It was during their busiest time of year and he needed to hire someone fast- So he threw all his money on me- And I guess I haven't let him down- My review score was good- No problems, keep up the great work- He mentioned that not too far in the future he will most likely have me do more work- Important work- Which got me nervous- The kind of work I will gradually learn is stuff you don't want to mess up- Because you NEVER want to piss off Uncle Sam- He then told me what my raise would be- I wasn't sure if I heard that right- 16% increase- Yeah that is right people!! I got a huge raise and I have only been employed for 90 days- I can honestly say I am getting paid for what I am worth- That feels great- Lets go celebrate, first round is on me- Oh wait... sorry, I don't drink anymore- Let's go shopping.... oh yeah, I don't wander around stores and impulsively buy crap anymore- What am I going to do with all this money????

3 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how a "job" can make you feel like a milllion dollar bill...but in esssence you have lowered yourself because you are so much more. Do you work at Taco Bell?, a shitty music store?, do you pump gas?, why do you believe this is something special? You can do better than your big city thoughts...so get thinking!@!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!@@!!!!
Dibbo's
Thanks fer the dance!
'

 
At March 09, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger -John Lustig said...

get off dial-up and get broadband.

 
At March 09, 2006 7:18 PM, Blogger Ms SaraTee said...

Ooohh good suggestion, Gitsul!

and if that is the same Peter Johnson who signs my paychecks every other week- You're tootin a whole new tune today- I told you in my review that my Plan B will wait awhile- Yes, moving back to the Pacific Northwest will happen AGAIN- And yes I will eventually switch my career description to "Flying the Friendly Skies"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com