7.04.2006

Thrilling Tubing Ride of the Century

No photographs were taken, no tongue was bitten off, and the raw bloody elbows now have scabs- I went tubing for the first time over the weekend- It may look fun and exciting- The little cousins loved it- Little did I know how much pain would consume my body- I had friends years ago that spent a sunny afternoon tubing and then afterwards described the pain "like being in a car accident"- I will agree-The little cousins sat inside the tube with barely their heads peaking out- Me, the novice thought that is how I would also enjoy the ride- NOPE- I had to lay on my stomach across the tube- I held on for dear life because I thought I would win points if I stayed on longer- Much like when you are bull riding- In four words- I am too OLD- It wasn't until after they asked me to sign The Guestbook that I realized I had really signed a waiver form- So I could not in any way take them to court for emotional distress- The muscles in my armpits hurt the most- I think it is my pectoral muscles but my Massage Therapist roommate is not here to ask- And no she is not here to give me a massage and directing me to a speedy recovery- If need be, I have my little stash of Vicodin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com