8.28.2006

Groceries in Spanish

I always go grocery shopping on Sunday night around 9pm- Because the store is usually very quiet and almost empty- Being a single gal I never need to get a cart full of food- I just fill a hand basket with my weekly goods- So last night I was surprised to see all the people and their children- I didn't stop to wonder why they were all there- I just hurried so I didn't have to be annoyed by any of them or their children- After I weaved in and around the labyrinth of people- I had my 16 items and I headed for the "Self Check Out" lane- I have always used the self check out lane since it was invented- A time saving invention- I can scan my groceries a lot faster than the paid workers can- Apparently, I am more efficient- Unfortunately last night the only self check out lane that was available was in Spanish- Espanol- I don't speak Spanish but did take 3 years in high school- I was very confident that I could check out myself while the computer was telling me how much my broccoli and chicken noodle soup cost in Spanish- And I did- In only 4 minutes- I actually enjoyed the Spanish computer lady telling me how much each item cost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com