8.18.2006

Sighting

I couldn't believe my eyes and NO I DIDN'T GET A DAMN PHOTO-
I saw the elusive WHITE SQUIRREL
It was frolicking down the sidewalk near my home- I am not sure what that means but I know it is a significant SIGN for me- A change in the cosmos, a change of luck, from bad to good- I have been running and hiding from Mr Bad Luck for the last 5 years- See it all started on a fateful evening back in Portland, Oregon 2001- On a warm autumn night, Me and my then boyfriend went out to eat pizza at a local pizza joint- We sat at the outside picnic tables trying desperately not to inhale all the traffic fumes- While we waited for our pizza I was struck by a flying EGG- Yes, some Ass*%$# decided to throw eggs at unsuspecting pedestrians or hungry bystanders like ME- The surreal thing was I saw it coming right at me- Not in slow motion but in FAST LIVE ACTION- I tried to dodge the flying object but it caught me right in the chest- It knocked the wind out me too- I remember my then boyfriend was so puzzled when I began to wince and whimper out of the clear blue- I said in a softly with the wind knocked out me kind of breath "I got hit by an egg" Still puzzled he looked confused and then looked up as if a bird dropped an egg on me- I then began to cry as I pointed down to the grown where the broken egg lay- I think it was soft boiled because it didn't splatter like you would think a fragile egg shell would- Still crying and trying to catch my breath the waiter came by with our pizza- We tried to explain that someone chucked an egg at me-And we pointed to it on the ground- And I might sue the establishment (not really, but I thought of it)- The waiter looked even more confused than my then boyfriend- Ever since that fateful autumn evening on Hawthorn Street in Portland Oregon- Bad Luck has been following me like a piece of toilet paper stuck to my shoe- I think now with the sighting of my Albino White Squirrel- I am free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com