9.29.2006

Shopping Seasonal Bi-Polar Disorder

How sychzo did I feel while shopping for my garbage bags, toilet paper, and band-aids. I wandered through my local "ghetto" Target store on a chilly damp Friday night. I LOVE my local "ghetto" Target store, its my local "ghetto" Cub store that I often dream of maneuvering a back-ho right through the produce department. As I wandered my local Target store using my Eagle Eye vision, looking for those little orange stickered items (clearance and reduced priced items) I found myself at the far end of the store near the Seasonal area. Last week it was school supplies this week it is Halloween decorations and costumes and unnecessary dust collecting collectibles. The double personality of the the Seasonal Area hit me as the Halloween decorations were in the same aisle as the Christmas decorations. Together- on either side of the same aisle. Turn your head to the left- a creepy rubber skeleton with bloody bugged eyes is looking across the isle to my right where Frosty the Snowman small glowing plastic figurine is smile ever so blissfully over towards rows upon rows of ceramic pumpkins, some white, some bronze, and some your standard orange. This was definitely too much for me. That wasn't one step over the line, that was 22 miles over the line. Guess what? It is only September 29th. Only 7 days past the fall equinox and 30 days before Halloween and 3 months before Christmas. Maybe Santa comes early in the ghetto.

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2006 6:43 AM, Blogger -John Lustig said...

we must be related...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com