10.20.2006

No Wine Expert

I am no wine expert
but my recent bottle of Le Grand Noir (Black Sheep) is very good- The fantastic marriage of 60% Cabernet and 40% Shiraz- A couple glasses accompanied a pasta dinner with a rich garlic red sauce- The aroma smells like red wine and the palette tastes like red wine- I told you I am not a wine expert- Remember a few blog entries back I said I like Rootbeer and Whiskey- but I am a Red Wine drinker- I have never liked the sweet or dry white wines but recently I decide to give them another try; Sauvignon Blanc (pronounced: Sovee-yawn Blonk) and Chardonnay- So I purchased a bottle of La Crema Chardonnay and a bottle of Silver Birch Soveeyawn Blanc (very difficult finding a link for this one) I am looking for a few new recipes and then will entertain myself and these new bottles- I might just invite a few of you over for our very own Wine Club- Apparently they are out there- I am eager to learn more about wine since I look at the names and prices and places of origin on paper everyday- I know NOTHING about them- I didn't even know a Chardonnay was a white wine until a few months ago- Pleeze! I was the one buying wine on the basis of the image on the Label- My recent purchase of Casillero del Diablo Merlot- Yeah I bought it because there is a super cool dime size image of a devil near the label- A Spanish devil if it is named Diablo (and I have been told that the Casillero del Diablo Carmenere is very good) I have always bought books because of the covers why would I stop at wine- Until recently- Please tell me what you like to drink and maybe we can compare or exchange notes- Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com