1.14.2007

My Christmas Gift to Myself Came in the Mail

In the past years I have always given myself permission to purchase a large ticket item for myself for Christmas. This year I passed on that tradition because I thought I would be spending A WHOLE LOTTA money on myself by buying a home, or an igloo, or a teepee, or a tree fort, or a fairy house- But I have decided to put buying a home on the back burner- Or- Unless the interest rates drop, which they won't- Even though it would be a very good investment and a wonderful "grown up" act for me- I realized after talking to many "one income" home owners, that those once $30+ splurges of any kind (pedicure, lavish dinner out, impulse buy of any kind) don't get "splurged on" it goes straight into your home- I thought what about my spontaneous ideas of getting on a plane and touring one of our fine lower 48 states- What about those $90 boots that I want so desperately-What about that cute, adorable, easy to clip on while I am running (more like walking) little iPod Shuffle that I want too- I decided being a renter would be better for me right now- I have some plans up my sleeves and I need to SAVE all the MULLA I get my little hands on- But not to disappoint you, I did buy myself a little Christmas gift- It came in the mail yesterday- I ordered my favorite movie and soundtrack from Amazon.com- I have the VHS but wanted to get it on DVD (planning on weeding out all my vhs's) And I wanted some French music- I got the movie Amelie- Ooh lalahh- This movie has actually turned into my Muse'- I turn it on for background noise and I am so creative and inspired- I finish my project withing hours rather than months- Amelie, she is my Muse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com