8.05.2008

Rest In Peace (My first and hopefully my last victim)

Have you done it? Have you run over a living breathing thing....a small cute fuzzy animal? That never meant you any harm and was minding its own business?



I ran over a squirrel.



I have never killed a living, breathing thing before. I am that weirdo who will put a spider in a jar and bring it outside to release it, instead of smashing it to a pulp. I am basically too superstitious about my Karma. I saw the little bugger dart in front of my car. He (or she) had plenty of time to complete the dash across the street. But for whatever reason I believe he (or she) backtracked and that is when I got em. Tha Thump Thump. I SCREAMED. I was the only person in the car but I covered my mouth because my scream was so loud. In my rear view mirror, I saw the victim collapse. The tears welled in my eyes and I started to sob uncontrollably. I quickly pulled my car over and got out to investigate the aftermath of my criminal action. He (or she) laid there motionless and helpless. I went back to my car and popped the trunk to find my emergency collapsible snow shovel. I ran towards the victim and scooped him (or her) up. I ran back to my car with my heart racing and the tears streaming down my cheeks. I gingerly placed my victim in the backseat. I needed to get him (or her) to the nearest vet. Moments later, I pulled into the small cramped parking lot and went to the backseat of my car to retrieve my victim. I carried the small smashed body towards the door. A woman and her large brown dog were exiting the building and saw me with my victim. She gave me a sympathetic look, thinking I was carrying a small dying family pet. But then her sympathetic look quickly turned surprised and confused when she realized it was roadkill. I had never killed anything. I couldn't drive away. I got to the counter and the receptionist gave me the same sympathetic look until she realized i was carrying roadkill. She didn't say anything and summoned a tall slender man. He also began with a sympathetic look that quickly turned blank. He could see how I was so upset and quickly ushered me into a small room. He smiled and took the emergency snow shovel from my trembling hands and said very calmly



"Sorry to say he (or she) is gone. It appears it was a quick and probably a horrific death. I hope this isn't going to mess up your Karma. Your Screwed"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com