1.30.2010

One way to occupy your time while hibernating during the winter is find yourself an amazing mini-series to watch. I just finished the John Adams HBO mini-series. Excellent. I seriously can’t get enough. I, like many Americans had learned about the history of America and the founding fathers before it really mattered to me. That was sooo long ago…. So watching this mini-series was if I had never learned any of it before. I have so many questions and Wikipedia is answering many of them. But film bring these people to life and the story is fascinating. I wish these filmmakers would continue making these movies, one for each of our Presidents. If you're a history enthusiast like me, I highly suggest that you rent the 6 part 3 DVD mini-series especially for the next time the temperature drops below 10* and you're couch bound huddled under blankets. Or if you are procrastinating studying the ridiculously boring Code of Federal Regulations that is required reading for your Customs and Importing class.

1 Comments:

At February 04, 2010 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, if you like to read, David McCullough is an excellent biographical writer. His book "John Adams" was super, as was Truman. I'll bet your mini-series is based on McCullough's book.

I didn't think I liked Harry Truman until I read the book. It completely changed my mind about him ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com