11.11.2010

Conversations with My 22/24 Year Old Self

Much like a vampire drawing blood from their own wrist to feed into a victim, giving them the gift of immortality. I have been feeding off minuet amounts of blood from my 22-24 year old self. Not for immortality.. but for sanity. At first I was intimidated to reach out to her. I was everything she would never have become. I was working in a gray cubicle for a "sales" orientated business, living in the suburbs, in which each home on the street was identical... with no unusual characteristics. Would she even talk to me? Would she lecture me? I had to be brave... but living in the suburbs for a year... has made me almost desperate and very BORED. Dying my hair purple and wearing all black in order NOT to conform wouldn't be a resolution.



At first she didn't know who I was... she was confused. And like myself, accepted this call for guidance with a delicate sereneness. She opened that door to my past. I only looked through the doorway for a few weeks until one night I walked through.......

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what you found ...

It takes guts to go back and see, all those forks in the road. You can only take one, what was down the other one?

Living in the 'burbs, identical houses, gray cubicles, that's all OK if you're living your life, not OK if you're living up to someone else's expectations.

Anon ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com